- Bankruptcy Library
- This site contains information on corporate
bankruptcies as well as corporate financial
- Center for Corporate Law
- Information on SEC acts, rules, and regulations
from The Center for Corporate Law at the
University of Cincinnati College of Law.
- Dun &
- Dun & Bradstreet provides business and
industry information on privately held as well as
publicly held companies.
- Diawa Research Institute Ltd.
- This Japanese institute provides bond and
- EDGAR (via SEC
- Securities and Exchange Commission home page;
access to EDGAR (searchable database that contains
10-Q's, 10-K's, and much more from 1994 forward).
The electronic forms include Proxy Statements (DEF
14A), Annual Reports (10-K), Current Events (8-K),
Acquisition Events (SC 13D).
- Edward Lowe Digital Library
- Documents and books intended to assist in startup
and ongoing management of businesses.
- This is a commercial service focusing on personal
finance. There is an online calculator whose
accuracy has not been examined.
- Financial Information Link Library
- This is a listing by country of links to
international financial service providers.
- Finance Wat.ch
- This European based service provides a futures
and options contracts database, a world indices
specs database, etc.
- Hoover's Online
- This is a useful source for company profiles and
information. It also provides links to EDGAR and
Security APL as well as the company for more
Stock Market Reports
- These reports include summary statistics for
indices including major international financial
markets. (Updated daily).
- Information Innovation
- An "under construction site" with links
to a number of financial resources (European).
- M&A Marketplace
- This is a subscription (fee) site for buyers and
sellers of companies and the intermediaries that
- Free Stock Market Data provides stock and mutual
fund charts,historical data, stock quotes, other
financial information sources, and more. A good
source for recent market price info on individual
- Subscription based (fee) service focusing on
bonds and other annuities. MoneyLine offers live,
dynamically updated broker prices and dealer
offers on U.S. Treasury notes & bonds, money
markets, agencies, municipals and other capital
markets securities. Plus it provides
security-specific fixed income analytics and
24-hour business and finance news.
- Nest Egg
- Interactive Nest Egg provides articles from the
print version of Nest Egg and total return
information on the top performing mutual funds.
- NETworth provides no-load mutual fund
information, prospectuses and financial
- Nomura Research Institute
- This Japanese institute provides information on
security market indices.
- Prophet Information Services
- Prophet provides up-to-date futures charts with
data back to 1959. This site features over 200
worldwide markets with daily open, high, low,
close, and volume data on markets, including
meats, metals, currencies, grains, and others. It
also has information on Prophet's historical data
products and services.
- QuoteCom is subscribed based but offers a 30 day
free trial. It offers "quotes, portfolios,
news, and research".
- This California based subscription service
provides a selection of comprehensive S&P
Research Reports, S&P MutualFund Reports,
Company Profiles, Company Fact Sheets, and Wall
- CheckFree's investment service.
- Subscription based service offering investment
information and message boards (use caution...
consider the source of messages).
- World M&A Network
- World M&A Network provides information on
buyers and sellers in the international market..
- Dow Jones
- home page for the parent company of the Wall
Street Journal. Links to the Dow Jones News
Retrieval service, the seminal research
information service, as well as the Wall
Street Journal Interactive edition are
- Globe online (Associated Press wires)
- This Boston paper site is a good source for
breaking global news as released by API.
- New York
- This is the WEB edition of the NYTimes. This is
an excellent newspaper and a very good source for
international financial news.
- The Daily News - Free InternetSources.
- Finnish Sam Sternberg's catalog lists sites that
provide news on a daily basis.
- News archive with search function, including CNN
interactive business area.
- Netherlands Business School listings
- This gopher site provides listings to various
journals, summary statistics, finance, and
This page is provided as
a sample of the annotated links format that is used inside.
It is not complete in terms of categories or
If you would like to
explore the WEB yourself, the following excellent search
engines are quite useful: